ZUC Algorithm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long it will take to put it into service if this algorithm passes public evaluation and becomes a standard?

2 posters

Go down

How long it will take to put it into service if this algorithm passes public evaluation and becomes a standard? Empty How long it will take to put it into service if this algorithm passes public evaluation and becomes a standard?

Post  Lynn Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Do you think ZUC is a promising encryption algorithm? confused
I wander when we will enjoy the service related to ZUC if it is widely accepted by the public ?

Lynn

Back to top Go down

How long it will take to put it into service if this algorithm passes public evaluation and becomes a standard? Empty Reply

Post  Steve Babbage Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:11 am

ZUC is proposed as an algorithm for the "4G" mobile technology called LTE (Long Term Evolution). If ZUC is accepted into that standard, it will almost certainly be some time in 2011 ... and then I guess it might be another year or before products using it are on the shelves.

But remember that - at least to start with - ZUC is mainly for use within China. There are other crypto algorithms already standardised for LTE, which will be the ones naturally used in most countries. (I don't know which country you're from, Lynn ....)

Perhaps a more interesting question to ask is when LTE networks and devices will be available in your country at all ... whether or not they include the ZUC algorithm.

Steve Babbage

Back to top Go down

How long it will take to put it into service if this algorithm passes public evaluation and becomes a standard? Empty Re: How long it will take to put it into service if this algorithm passes public evaluation and becomes a standard?

Post  Lynn Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:53 am

Steve Babbage wrote:ZUC is proposed as an algorithm for the "4G" mobile technology called LTE (Long Term Evolution). If ZUC is accepted into that standard, it will almost certainly be some time in 2011 ... and then I guess it might be another year or before products using it are on the shelves.

But remember that - at least to start with - ZUC is mainly for use within China. There are other crypto algorithms already standardised for LTE, which will be the ones naturally used in most countries. (I don't know which country you're from, Lynn ....)

Perhaps a more interesting question to ask is when LTE networks and devices will be available in your country at all ... whether or not they include the ZUC algorithm.

Thank you very much for answering my question.
I am very glad to tell you that I'm from China.
But I am still a little comfused why we use different algrithms. Maybe just for security?

Last edited by Lynn on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : type wrong words)

Lynn

Back to top Go down

How long it will take to put it into service if this algorithm passes public evaluation and becomes a standard? Empty Re: How long it will take to put it into service if this algorithm passes public evaluation and becomes a standard?

Post  Steve Babbage Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:57 am

Lynn wrote:
But I am still a little comfused why we use different algrithms. Maybe just for security?

It's just because of Chinese regulation. For LTE we had already defined algorithms using "global standards" like AES. But Chinese regulation won't allow those algorithms to be used in China: for use in China we needed an algorithm designed in China.

Steve Babbage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down